HLTAID006 Provide Advanced First Aid
This standalone training course will give you the skills and knowledge required to provide an
advanced first aid response, life support, management of casualty(s), the incident and other first
aiders, in a range of situations, including in the home, workplace or within the community, until the
arrival of medical or other assistance.
Course duration: 3 days (face to face) 2 days if HLTAID003 Provide First Aid has been completed within 1 year of enrolling.
- Major trauma management
- Use of spine boards and stretchers
- Managing emotionally disturbed casualties
- Pule, blood pressure and pupil reactions
- Clinical assessments
- Pain management
- Legal and other requirements
- Basic Life Support (DRSABCD)
- CPR and AED, including BVM
- Abdominal injuries
- Allergic reaction
- Bleeding and wound care
- Burns, including thermal, chemical, friction and
- Cardiac conditions
- Choking and airway obstruction
- Crush injuries
- Emergency childbirth
- Extremes of heat and cold
- Eye and ear injuries
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Levels of consciousness
- Musculoskeletal injuries: fractures and dislocations, strains and sprains
- Needle stick injuries
- Poisoning and toxic substances
- Respiratory distress, including asthma
- Shock management
- Substance misuse
- Vital Signs
There are no prerequisites for our advanced first aid course.
Current industry standards state this course must be updated every 3 years, with the CPR
component to be updated annually.
Students will be assessed through the demonstration of practical skills, participation in role plays,
analysis of case studies and a written quiz.
Note: It is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed on
the adult manikin on the floor.
On successful completion of this first aid training course, students will be issued with a nationally
recognised Statement of Attainment.
The training is delivered in partnership with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909